Yes It's Possible to Make Money Blogging and I'll Show You How I Make Over $6,000 a Month Doing It! (and how you can too)
Have you ever thought about blogging online?
Have you ever considered it but thought it would be too difficult?
Do you want to make money online without a boss... on your own schedule?
Well I'm here to tell you that blogging is a good way to make money online, it isn't all that difficult, and one of the many perks to doing this is that you can have that "freedom lifestyle" where you work on your own terms, on your own schedule and from wherever you want (that has internet of course).
I would know... I got started blogging back in 2015 and make a living doing it!
Hi, I'm Kyle... I make a living blogging and today I'm going to show you exactly how I do this.
There are various ways you can go about it, but I'll be showing you what works for me and what I consider to be one of the best ways to do it.
For me it was all about geographical freedom. I wanted to be able to work and travel at the same time, without having to worry about how I was going to make money.
I turned to the internet and in late 2015 I had started my first blog. Now things didn't work out right away. My first blog was pretty much a disaster, but I stuck with it and got to where I am today. I achieved my goal.
Misconceptions About Blogging
It seems that many people think of blogging as a type of job that is for women, which is completely untrue.
Yes, there are a lot of women bloggers, but it doesn't really matter what you are. Women, men... I don't really see why this matters.
Blogs can be about anything.
- If you love the outdoors you could start a blog about camping or hiking
- Like to hunt? You could start a blog about bow hunting
- Are you into fashion? Fashion blogs are very popular
- Are you a proud parent? Maybe you want to start a blog about raising kids
- Animal lover? There are all sorts of different types of blogs you could create about cats and dogs
It doesn't really matter what type of person you are or what you are interested in.
If there are other people with the same interest as you... then you CAN MAKE MONEY with a blog.
Also, creating your own website is NOT hard to do. Nowadays it is very simple and you definitely don't need any tech skills to be able to do it. I'm mentioning this because I know the thought of creating a website scares some people.
Driving Traffic to Your Blog - My Approach to It All
Traffic is the lifeblood of all online business. You may have heard that before and it is true.
There are many ways you can monetize your blog, such as affiliate marketing or advertising, but you NEED traffic first.
Without traffic you won't make a penny.
So how do you get traffic?
Well... there are different ways to go about doing this. Some people drive traffic to their blogs through social media, but I'm not too big of a fan of this.
I get all of my traffic from search engines like Google, which is 100% free and unlimited.
How It Works
In a nutshell, how it works is your blog will show up in Google and other search engines when people are performing searches and this is how you will get traffic.
HOWEVER... You can't just write a bunch of blog posts and expect to get ranked in Google and get traffic.
If you want to get good traffic then you want to get ranked high in Google. Most people searching for things don't even leave the first page of the search results... so getting ranked high is a must.
The key is to optimize your site (your blog) for this very purpose. There are different things you can do, but the main thing is to target specific keywords in your blog posts that will give you the best chances of getting good rankings and thus getting good traffic.
Don't worry, I'll go over how you can do this in a bit.
Passive Income at Its Finest
How awesome would it be if you could do something one time and get paid for it over and over again?
Pretty awesome right?
Well with this you can. And I'll show you how...
When you write a blog post and it gets ranked in Google or other search engines, it can stay there for years. You can continually get traffic day after day from a single post that you wrote one time.
Take a look at the example below, which isn't all that uncommon...
I did a Google search for dog exercise toys and one of the results (on page 1) was from 2013. The person wrote this years ago and is probably getting some pretty good traffic from it on a daily basis.
Now this is definitely not something that happens every time, and there is no telling when it might happen, but the point is that it CAN happen and that it DOES happen.
This business model is very cumulative. You start off small getting just a little traffic from the little amount of blog posts you have. The more you write, the more you get ranked, the more traffic you get.
Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? I'll show you how to get started the right way..
There are a lot of ways you could start out blogging and end up going down the wrong path. If you want to follow a proven strategy to go about doing this then I'd suggest the Wealthy Affiliate training program.
This is where i got started in 2015. It is what taught me how to...
- Choose a topic for my website (blog)
- Create my website
- Drive free traffic to my site
- Monetize that traffic
- And more...
The Main Focus in the Wealthy Affiliate training course is making money via affiliate marketing. This is when you promote products online and earn commissions when you help make sales. It's a great way to make money because...
- All you do is promote (simple compared to other methods)
- You don't need your own products, you just promote products that are already proven to sell
- You don't have to deal with customers, returns, etc.
You will also learn how to monetize your blog with advertising services, like Google Adsense, and you could also easily sell your own ebooks or products you created, but affiliate marketing is the main focus because this is easiest to get started with.
So how it will all work out is like this...
- Someone searches for information on Google or other Search Engines
- They visit your website
- You direct them to a product you are promoting through affiliate links
- You get paid a commission if they buy the product
A Look Inside Wealthy Affiliate
I've been a member of Wealthy Affiliate (WA) for years now so I know pretty much all there is to know... I'm not just some random person who has heard of it.
In a nutshell Wealthy Affiliate is a training platform that provides both the tools and training needed to create your own blog website and monetize it through affiliate marketing and advertising. The step-by-step training starts out as if you are a complete beginner and builds on each lesson. So you don't need to know a thing to get started.
The nice thing about this place is that they provide everything you need. You get...
- All the Training - Very well laid-out and thorough. You will be happy to see that most lessons have full video tutorials which make learning and following along very easy.
- The Tools Needed - You won't have to go out and buy any other tools to make this work. WA provides all you need, including...
- Website hosting
- Website builder tool
- Keyword research tool
- And more...
- Awesome Support - Support is a must and at WA there are multiple ways you can get help. You can private message other members, there is an active Live Chat feature, they have 24/7 tech support for websites (have used it many times and have never been disappointed) and more.
- Community - At WA the active community of other members is also worth mentioning. The community forum is always bustling and being able to connect and interact with other online entrepreneurs making money with their own websites is invaluable. There is so much more you can learn besides that covered in the core training.
The training is very good. I've been through it all and know from experience that it works if you stick to it and take action.
The basic process it will take you through is as follows...
- Choose Your Niche - The first step is to choose what you want your blog to be about, which will be your niche. There is training to help you better understand this step so that you make a good choice.
- Build Your Site - The next step is to build out your blog. They have a tool to make this process easy.
- Drive Traffic to Your Site - Then you will learn how to drive traffic to your blog. The main focus is on getting free traffic from search engines like Google, as I've already went over.
- Make Money - Then you will learn how to monetize your site via affiliate marketing and advertising. You will be guided through the whole process of finding affiliate programs, signing up, implementing your affiliate links effectively, etc.
You can get an idea of what you are looking at here by the screenshot of the first 10 lessons below.
Note: This is only course 1 of the training! There are 5 core courses along with additional training.
In addition to the core training that is already laid out for you, they also provide live training at least once a week, sometimes more. This is always fun and worthwhile.
How to Join for FREE
Wealthy Affiliate has a free membership where you can join for free and get access to the beginner training (shown above) along with the tools necessary (you even get a free website).
No credit card needed. Just sign up here for free.
Some of the tools you will get access to include things like their website builder, which is called SiteBuilder, and their keyword research tool, which is called Jaaxy.
The Website builder makes starting a website as simple as possible. You will choose a domain, give it a title and choose a design...
Now of course your website is far from being "complete", but it is all ready for you. The framework is all in place just like that.
The keyword research tool you get access to is extremely important. I'm not going to get into too much detail here, but this is what is going to give you the ability to rank high in Google and get free traffic. It is what I mentioned earlier, which gives you the ability to find good keywords to rank for.
Once you join you will have access to support in a number of different ways. This includes technical support with websites and non-technical support, such as help with the training.
There is a "help center" you will be able to go to...
Wealthy Affiliate has both a free and paid membership.
Free Starter Membership
The free Starter Membership is not a free trial. It is simply a free membership that you can keep for life. To sign up for this all you do is enter your email, name and create a password.
This gives you access to the beginner training as well as tools needed to get started. In fact, they even go as far as to give free members a free website, so that you literally won't have to spend a penny to get rolling.
This is completely risk free and I usually recommend starting out here. If you stick around and want more, you can always upgrade to the Premium Membership later.
With the Premium Membership you get access to everything. This includes everything I have went over and then some (because I'm just scratching the surface here).
There are 2 payment options:
- $49/mo paid monthly
- $29/mo paid yearly
The yearly payment option is obviously the better choice, but it also requires the most investment and commitment. That said, I think this is a much better option because of how it forces you to commit more to it.
My Advice: As stated, I always recommend joining with the free membership first. This way you can "test drive" the system and see if you like it, risk free. You can create your free account here.
I can't cover every little detail about this business model and Wealthy Affiliate here, but I think I did a pretty good job (or at least I hope so). Many questions you may have will likely be covered in the training.
You can always contact me inside WA if you have any other questions. I'm usually pretty good at giving quick responses 🙂 My profile name is El-jefe-Kyle. You can send me a Private Message...
And of course you can leave any other questions you might have below this in the comment section...
Take care and I hope to see you inside!